Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Insurnace Crap

I just learned today, September 18, ONE DAY after my 52nd anniversary of being diagnosed of Juvenile Onset Diabetes, that in all likelihood I will not be able to continue to use my Tandem T:Slim G4 Insulin Pump. Why? Because some jerk, at my husband's place of employment, who thinks they know something about juvenile onset/type 1 diabetics and insulin pumps, decided that the cartridges and syringes are not to be covered by his/my husband's policy. Customer support told me I could appeal this. So I'm waiting for an email telling me what all is needed for me to file the appeal. Needless to say, when I learned the cartridges were no longer covered, my blood sugar took a nose dive. The customer support woman was going to give me all the information over the phone, but I knew I'd never get it down correctly because I was so angry and with my blood sugar dropping, I knew I may make mistakes. Since she said she could email the information, I felt this was the safest way to get it.

No comments:

Blog Archive