Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Wildcard- Diabetes Bloopers


Whether you or your loved one are newly diagnosed or have been dealing with diabetes for a while, you probably realize that things can (and will) go wrong. But sometimes the things that go wrong aren’t stressful - instead sometimes they are downright funny! Go ahead and share your Diabetes Blooper - your “I can’t believe I did that" moment - your big “D-oh” - and let’s all have a good laugh together!!

I've been reading some of the other bloggers posts and I think why don't I feel, like they do? I've always been an odd duck sort of person. Not just with my diabetes, but life in general. I've never done things the way you're suppose to. As an old boyfriend told me, I love you because you march to the beat of your own drum. You're unique.

So my blooper is going to seem odd to probably most of you. Probably seem scary to a few of you new diabetics and parents too.

But shortly after my Endo switched me from my wonderful N and R to the hateful Lantus and Humalog, instead of having my bedtime shot (I have never used the pens I've always used syringes) had 28 unites of Humalog. OOPS

An hour after the injection, I started going LOW. I took my blood sugar because I was feeling low. My CGM said I was fine. My blood sugar said I was 54. So I thought, did I do what I think I did.

I went into the basement and grabbed 2 cans of real sugar pepsi. I have food allergies where I can't have corn syrup so I have to have soda pop with real sugar in it. I then went into the family room and told my husband my blunder.

I didn't go any lower than the 54 I was and I my highest was 190. I did end up at some point having some Lantus, I don't recall how much or when I had it.

No comments:

Blog Archive